7 Jan 2009

Astronomy freebie!

Why did not somebody teach me the constellations, and make me at home in the starry heavens, which are always overhead, and which I don't half know to this day?

Thomas Carlyle 1880


We're using Jeannie Fulbright's book, Exploring Creation with Astronomy this year.

Those of you who are planning to use this book with us may be interested in today's Freebie of the Day - The Stars and Their Stories - A Book for Young People, written in 1918 by Alice Mary Matlock Griffith.

This children's astronomy book introduces the major stars and constellations in the night sky with star charts & illustrations, but the reason the book interests me is that it then goes on to tell the legends of how the heavenly bodies were named. There is great poetry for copywork too.

These classic stories and historical articles will really make astronomy come alive!!

Grab it today only at:

www.homeschoolfreebie.wholesomechildhood.com

If you haven't already signed up for the Erskine family's HomeschoolFreebieOfTheDay, you've missed out on some great CM resources - click here if you want to do it now!!

2 comments:

  1. Drat! Missed it. Anyone care to share? Didn't see the post until too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be able to help...who are you Miss Anonymous?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...