16 Jun 2009

15 Books in 15 Minutes

I was tagged to do this list on Facebook by my friend Hopewell Mom over at Hopewell Takes on Life.

I'm posting it here in the hope that some of you might like to join us. It's designed to be quick, so don't take too long to think about it.

Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

1. The Bible
2. Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan
3. Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
5. Griffin and Sabine by Nick Bantock
6. For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
7. The Story of John G Paton by James Paton
8. The Vogue Book of Etiquette and Good Manners (Weird, I know!)
9. Holiness by J C Ryle
10. The Lighthorsemen by Elyne Mitchell
11. The Little Black Princess by Jeannie Gunn
12. Lost Japan by Alex Kerr
13. God's Best Secrets by Andrew Murray
14. A True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey
15. The Box of Delights by John Masefield

So guys, what's your list? Be sure to let us know!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne,
    That's funny, I got my list together a trife before I found yours on your blog.
    Here 'tis:
    The Bible
    True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey
    The Drover's Wife by Henry Lawson
    The Decisive Moment by Henri Cartier-Bresson
    Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
    A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola
    Return to Gone Away by Elizabeth Enright
    The Lion, the Witch and Wardrobe by CS Lewis
    Farmer Boy by LI Wilder
    Wild Swans by Jung Chang
    Anne of Green Gables LM Montgomery
    My Place by Sally Morgan
    Mister God, This is Anna by Fynn
    Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Outback Women by Melissa McCord

    A couple of them are photography books.

    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your list (and Lydia's as well). Now to schedule in that 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...