16 Feb 2010

The Runaway Bunny



Don't the beautifully simple but profound words of Margaret Wise Brown's The Runaway Bunny remind you of David's in Psalm 139?

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139:7-10 NIV

Isn't it comforting to know that whatever we're doing and wherever we are, he is there with us, loving us, protecting us and guiding us in the way we should go?

I like that.

Don't forget to tell your kids.

8 comments:

  1. how precious! one of my children is
    floundering about with his faith.

    i will send him this scripture!

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is very comforting. Thankyou Jeanne - it is good to be reminded of this every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never made that connection. I'm glad you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful book. I think I have to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love this story. My 2 youngest are always wanting me to read it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfectly delightful picture book. I think choosing Madame Butterfly to go with it was inspired too. And yes, it's definitely akin to Psalm 139.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...