I'm after your help. Yet again.
I'm searching for a Living book read-aloud for Jemimah. A chapter book for older kids, not a picture book. A Christmassy book of some type. Preferably available in Australia. The ones we've read already have been excellently great, but I'm struggling to find something of the same calibre for this year. Like Dickens A Christmas Carol, but not that because we have that on the AO5 Booklist and we're saving it for then.
If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thank you. I will be forever in your debt.
In exchange, I'm offering you our list of past reads. In case you're stumped as well.
- A Box of Delights by John Masefield
- The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
- The Thirteen Days of Christmas by Jenny Overton
- Christmas at Longtime by Hesba Brinsmead
- A Joey for Christmas by Margaret Paice
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
- The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus & A Kidnapped Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum
- The Mysterious Toyshop by Cyril W. Beaumont
I have Natalie Carlson's The Family Under the Bridge, Julia Sauer's The Light at Tern Rock, Patricia Polacco's Christmas Tapestry, and The Birds' Christmas Carol by Kate Douglas Wiggin on my list - are any of these any good?Any others, Girls?
Our Basket of Delights will be open this week!! I've posted it up on my sidebar already. Yippee!!!
Ho Ho Ho
Getting excited here. Can you tell?