Australia is blessed with some pretty terrifically fantastical independent bookstores, but I defy even the best of these to come anywhere near the awesome Aussie online store, we ♥ books for their range of sublime children's picture books for Christmas.
Okay, lots of my signature superlatives there, but take a look at some of these titles:
- A Christmas Manger by H A Rey (of Curious George fame)
- A Visit to Santa Claus by Margaret Evans Price
- Christmas in a Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren (of Pippi Longstocking fame)
- Little Tree by e.e. cummings
- The Christmas Rose by Sepp Bauer
- The Elves' First Christmas by Atsuko Morozumi
- The Little Drummer Boy by Ezra Jack Keats
I am in lust. I mean to say, Jeanne the Book Tragic has never even heard of many of these, and that is despite my hubby's firm belief that our Basket of Delights includes every kid's Christmas book known to mankind.
How can I can justify purchasing these? Any ideas?
Perhaps Santa is reading...
Don't forget to browse some of their other book categories when you visit. They're all equally excellent. Take a look at their blog as well. It's there in my sidebar.
I'm off to drool some more.