23 Jun 2011

Knitting woes

Noro Scarf is now over four feet long. That leaves less than two feet to knit. A weekend's worth easily.

Except for one problem. Noro Scarf has come to a grinding halt due to a nasty case of tenosynovitis in my left thumb. I can't write. I can't lift a saucepan. And I can't knit.

Not two feet's worth anyhow. My limit is currently two lousy rows a night.

Slowly.

And in pain.

Cruel really, isn't it?

Tonight I find myself at a total loss. I have three unfinished knitting projects that I can't do. I have been separated from my current book, Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle since last weekend. (It is probably sitting on my bedside table in Melbourne, which is not helpful to me now.) My erudite choice, The Scottish Covenanters by Johannes G Vos is far too...well... erudite...for tonight. Which leaves me with The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, which will do. With a hot cup of tea and a chocolate and a hot water bottle.

It is actually a terrific book if you're in the mood, but really I'd rather my scarf.

Has anybody seen the film?

6 comments:

  1. I've seen the film but haven't read the book. I wonder how much they differ.

    I hope your thumb feels better soon :) The scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look that up, but OW! Poor dear, I hope your thumb is better soon.
    hugs,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,
    That must be so painful! I hope you're feeling better soon. The scarf is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked it up too! Sounds like your over doing it! Take it easy and rest up! I haven't seen the movie. Love the look of your scarf though! I finished mine not to long ago! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Sorry to hear your thumb's hurting.

    Try to take this opportunity to rest up and you'll have that scarf finished in no time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your thumb.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...