19.12.12Posted by Jeanne
Okay, this post is over to you gals. Brandy has asked for our Top 5 Living Books. That is really, really hard, Brandy. Imagine if I asked you for your top five American books!
So, off the top of my head I've listed five wonderful literature books plus a few special interest extras. Is it a definitive list? Who knows! What do you think, girls? Good? Bad? Just okay?
I'm going to suggest the following:
What I'd love people to do is to agree or disagree with my choices. As with my other lists, if you add something, you need to remove something in its place. If you could give a reason for your choice then I'd love to hear it. If the book is readily available, or better still in print, then all the better. Let's see if we can make a list of the top five Aussie Living Books. For Brandy, of course. But also for us. Just because this kind of stuff is fun. Well, for me it is anyhow.
Okay then, on with the show...
- The Magic Pudding byNorman Lindsay
- Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner
- Storm Boy by Colin Thiele
- Stradbroke Dreamtime by Oodgeroo Noonuccal
- Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
- Australian Legendary Tales by K. Langloh Parker
- Spotty the Bower Bird and Other Stories by E S Sorenson
- Baa Baa Doo Baa Baa by Colin Buchanan