18 May 2016

A Little House movie...

Are you excited about the possibility of a Little House on the Prairie movie? I am, although they're going to struggle to find actors who look just like Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert, and...well...authenticity is important, and those two are Pa and Laura, and that's all I have to say about that.

I guess I was not alone in wanting to be as good as Mary, as beautifully dressed as Nellie, and as independent as Laura. Even as a youngster, I admired the Ingalls' sense of family, and their ideas of what were important. I loved their simple life.

I'm suppose that before the film comes out I should reread the series. I read the first four or with Jemimah a few years back, but she took over the reading of the rest, and I haven't read them since school. I have Pioneer Girl sitting on the shelf, too. You can't do enough preparation for these very important events, now, can you, and this is clearly important. Mind you, every time I read these books I find myself needing to make quilts, and corn dollies and maple syrup candy. Maple syrup! I've always wanted to go to a sugaring! See? I just get carried away. Imagine what a movie will do. If they can find the right actors, that is. Otherwise it'll be a wash.

 

8 comments:

  1. I did not know about the movie!!! I'm so glad you are here, writing, Jeanne. I missed your posts! I too binge on old favorite series. I need to reread the Anne series, but I usually end up reading Anne of the Ingleside and Rainbow Valley because they go along with my life so well at the moment. ;) I've heard mixed reviews on the Pioneer Girl and have yet to get it!

    Bless you! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? This is news to me!! I'm with you, though: it'll be awfully hard to top Landon and Gilbert as Pa and Laura. Michael Landon has a son who supposedly looks a lot like him - he lived in UT while we lived there and was close friends with one of my clients. Perhaps they'll ring him up:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that will be good! There was a telemovie made. I remember coming across it on TV one Saturday arv but didn't like it. Just as you said, there can only be one Pa and one Laura! The Little House books are apparently not really PC in America at the moment. What with all those thieving savages and all. I reckon, and likewise with Australian pioneering stories that it is good to learn the way the people of the day actually perceived and dealt with thing. Yep, my daughters and I love Little House ♥ The boys, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that will be good! There was a telemovie made. I remember coming across it on TV one Saturday arv but didn't like it. Just as you said, there can only be one Pa and one Laura! The Little House books are apparently not really PC in America at the moment. What with all those thieving savages and all. I reckon, and likewise with Australian pioneering stories that it is good to learn the way the people of the day actually perceived and dealt with thing. Yep, my daughters and I love Little House ♥ The boys, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pioneer Girl was pretty darn good! Don't throw anything at me, but - I never really got into the show *ducks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is really a good one it assists new internet users, who are wishing
    in favor of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just got your blog link at a social sharing website ShoutmeLoud because I am travel lover and willing to read something about Travelling. Same as I accidently found a website http://www.luckies.co.uk/gifts/travel/ and amazed by their great collection of beautiful travel gifts. Its a must check.

    ReplyDelete
  8. J avoue que je viens de trouver votre article par hasard et j admis que vraiment c est très intéressant. Tout mes compliments pour votre effort

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...