Mountain BushfireFull moon. The brazen eye of midnight scans
the black and swollen mountains oozing fire
high over the indifference of the sleeping plains
hazed with the perfumed smoke of death and fear
under the radiant zenith. It is not far
from here to the wild flags of havoc flying
out of the doomed and bannered trees before
the west wind, hilarious hunter plying
nets and whips of flame, the trumpet playing
a ghastly fanfare.
Kenneth Ivo Mackenzie 1913 - 1955
- 108 people confirmed dead so far;
- Over 750 homes burned;
- 31 fires still raging;
- MMM mission headquarters burned down;
- ESA country ministries camp site destroyed;
- RPCA (Our church) Dixon's Creek Campsite under threat - possibly burned;
- One Christian man we know of has lost his wife and two children to the fire;
- Over 50 homes destroyed in Bendigo, our nearest Provincial City - 1 1/4 hours away...
Funny, I've got nothing else to say.
May God bring us all closer to him through this tragic event.