18 Mar 2009

St Patrick's Day

Christ, protect me today against an untimely death that I may receive abundant reward. Christ with me. Christ before me. Christ behind me. Christ within me. Christ with the soldier. Christ with the traveler. Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me. Christ in every eye that sees me. Christ in every ear that hears me. Praise to the Lord of my salvation! Salvation in Christ the Lord.

St. Patrick
A glimpse into our family's St Patrick's Day festivities:

Drinking:

Green champagne and green soft drink

Eating:


Home-made pesto dip with water biscuits


Irish stew with warm soda bread
Mint chip icecream and green jelly (sorry, forgot the photo - too busy eating!)

Green chocolates

Irish coffee

Listening:

Celtic City Sons

mp3.com.au/CelticCitySons


Catrin Finch

Dancing:


The Irish Jig (not!)

Reading:

How Cúchulainn got his name
Valley of the Wolves
Patrick - Missionary to the Irish

Wearing:

Funny green hats

Beannachtam na Feile Padraig! - Slainte!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, next year, count us in!! How much yummy fun can one family have?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun St. Paddy's Day, and the food looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...