30 Jun 2010

If I only had a brain

I could wile away the hours
Conferrin’ with the flowers
Consultin’ with the rain
And my head I’d be scratchin’
While my thoughts were busy hatchin’
If I only had a brain

I’d unravel any riddle
For any individ’le
In trouble or in pain

I would not be just a nuffin’
My head all full of stuffin’
My heart all full of pain
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-derry
If I only had a brain
Why don't you zip over to Youtube now and have a watch of this scene to refresh your brain. Cummon, you know you want to!! Shame embedding is disabled...

We made these today. Brain hats. So now we do have brains. All of us.


I got the instructions from MommaMindy, who got them from Kris, who got them from Erin who got them from Ellen.

Here's Princess Jemimah modelling hers whilst she completes her MEP worksheet.

And here is Princess Pea practicing her 12 x tables in her hat.

According to the Princesses, both types of maths are easier when you have a brain.

If you too want to have a brain of your very own, and you decide to write about it, do please follow the chain of names - even if it is just to indulge me. Also, Aussie heads must be larger than the equivalent aged American one. Cutting outside the lines would be good. We left ours open at the back to accomodate gorgeous Princess type hairstyles, but you probably need it for size anyhow if you are over five or so years old and have a normal sized head.

Making brains is very fun. The Princesses say so, and it is wiser not to argue with Princesses that have two brains.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool project! Wish I'd had that way-back-when while we were doing 3rd/5th grades at home! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! We're studying the human body this year, so I'll be sure to remember this project. Thanks, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea. I'm gonna have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great project, my daughter would love it. We sometimes joke that we have lost our brains and need to find them...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...