Here's some of what we've been up to:
- Listening to this CD of songs and music from Bonnie Prince Charlie's campaign to Prestonpans in 1745. We're all big Scottish folk-musicophiles around here. We've also been learning a bit about the Prestonpans Tapestry from here. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see it?
- Planning a bit of a holiday over Christmas/New Year.
- Hanging out at the playground in the glorious spring sunshine.
- Painting the clay bowls we made last weekend (pictures coming).
- Doing a little bit of clothes shopping now that the new season is here. What did I wear last year?!!
- Grabbing up a couple of good books from Readings Bargain Book Table - this little book, The Tale of the Unknown Island by Nobel-laureate novelist, José Saramago, and this bigger one, The Literature of Australia. I also bought a copy of Eve Garnett's The Family from One End Street for Jemimah. I loved this book as a child.
I was unable to keep my nose out of a conversation that did not concern me at Readings too, when I overheard the seller recommending Captain Underpants to a ten year old boy who had just read all of Roald Dahl and Andy Griffiths. Surely there is something better than Captain Underpants?? They left with a copy of Finn Family Moomintroll - a significant improvement over underpants.
- Tonight we have reservations at Kumo Izakaya. I've high expectations, especially after perusing their online menu.
Oh yes, I also did a few loads of washing and drying and ironing, but we won't mention that, I don't reckon.
What are you up to?