23 Oct 2011

Let's take tea


The bestest thing about my new favourite tea, Twinings Raspberry, Strawberry and Loganberry - apart from that fact that it tastes great - is that it is pink. A beautifully deep raspberryish pink.

Perfect for afternoon tea with my girl.

We used the Crown Devon tea set, complete with tea pot - the one with pink flowers that matches the tea perfectly. Beethoven's 9th accompanied, and we talked about...stuff. Girly stuff. Like the etiquette of stirring tea (quietly and briefly; never swirled). Nice. I have a thing for table manners. Did you know?

On the table were these. They're from our garden. To me they're sublimely perfect.

Can you tell we're loving spring around here?

Even my flowers colour coordinate with my tea.

The fragrance is just out of this world.

12 comments:

  1. Looks delicious..all of it! Will have to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recovery after the flood - what a beautiful bunch of flowers.
    Must try the tea too.
    I'm also a big fan of manners. My mother was Scottish do you think that could be why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, good manners are the cornerstone of a civilized society. At least I think so. The tea is lovely, and the flowers gorgeous. I know you had a wonderful time with your girl. What memories you'll have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. Just perfect, especially with Lizzie visiting us at the moment. One of my fave drinks too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girlfriend and I were just talking about manners the other day and how we feel like kids are not taught them in (public) school anymore. We were talking about how we had non-working phones (in 2nd grade) and how we were taught the proper way to answer the phone. Manners are so important and they just seem gone.

    Is this the first spring you've been in your home since the flood? I don't comment all the time, but I do pop in once in awhile to see how you are doing.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM. It looks delicious. I love your flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me want to go out and buy some tea. I love milk tea.

    Jeanne, if you send me your email I will add you to my blog. It is not about homeschooling, but it is about Fukushima. If you don't have time, I understand that, too!

    sesamesmommy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tea set it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No poetry to read? We ALWAYS have to have poetry with tea--even if today it's poetry I'd rather not share here!! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always looking for herbal tea that tastes lovely without sweetener. I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink Tea, perhaps one day I will try it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...