10.6.12Posted by Jeanne
Some things I've been doing:
- Watching The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants on the telly with the fam. It was pretty good for a chick flick.
- Eating spicy Thai food with my family whilst viewing aforesaid film and drinking champagne. Perhaps this is why I enjoyed the movie. Maybe.
- Booking a trip to Europe in September with my mother and brother and sister. Imagine Provence in Autumn...I am. Mr PD will have sole parental authority of his daughter. He is already sweaty palmed over this.
- Preparing our family business for an Accreditation Visit and passing! Yay! You cannot believe what a huge relief this is. It is also the reason for the dot point post. Now maybe I will have my life back.
- Giving my beautiful touchy- feely daughter lovely back scratches. She purrs like a kitten.
- Having a crisis when the clothes drier broke down and falling in love with the wonderful repair man. Then falling back out of love when I discovered that it wasn't really fixed. So frustrating.
- Attending the Australian Ballet's production of Let's Dance. Sublime as usual. Dinner at Cafe Vic was delicious too. I had a fantastic chicken pie; Mr PD chose the steak; Jemimah settled for a big bowl of soup. And a bowl of fries. And a soft drink. At least the soup was healthy.
- Celebrating my lovely nephew, Prince Oh's 8th birthday. Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday to a delightful young man. We love you.
- Visiting the marvellous Mesopotamia exhibition at The Melbourne Museum and being totally blown away by the sublime lion reliefs and totally irritated at John Faine calling the Tower of Babel a myth over and over again. Doesn't he realise how arrogant that is?
- Enjoying a three day weekend to celebrate the Queen's Birthday. Sleeping in. Bliss.
- Reading some fabulous new read alouds including The Borrowers Afloat, Michael Faraday, Father of Electronics, Puck of Pook's Hill, Tom Sawyer and Gully of Gold. This is such a great selection - we are loving them all.
- Apart from the above we have been doing school, going to work, cleaning the house, doing a bit of baking, watching trashy telly, buying birthday presents, celebrating at the pub, spending time with my mum and sis, going to church and otherwise just living life. It's no wonder that we're enjoying that sleeping in deal really, is it? What have you been up to?