6 Nov 2012

Math(s) Week


I'm guest blogging this week at Afterthoughts, the blog of my dear friend and fellow AOer, Brandy Vencel.  This week at Afterthoughts is Math(s) Week, and Brandy has put together a great series of Charlotte Mason maths posts for us all to ponder.  I am especially interested to learn about Euclid.

Here's the table of contents:

  • Welcome to Math Week! {Series Introduction}
  • Teaching Maths the CM Way {by Jeanne}
  • Five Strategies for Teaching Mathphobics {by Tammy Glaser}
  • Teaching Euclid in the Homeschool, Part I {by Willa}
  • Teaching Euclid in the Homeschool, Part II {by Willa}

  • While you're there, be sure to read some of Brandy's other posts.  She's one of the deepest thinkers I know, and I respect her immensely.  Actually, I am rather in awe of her, but that's a secret.  Don't tell her, please! ;)

    3 comments:

    1. Yes... I read her first post, and I am looking forward to all the others.

      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
    2. I must have dreamt you were at the kitchen bench with a cappuccino and cookies giving advice then.

      ReplyDelete

    I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...