26.3.13Posted by Jeanne
Our zucchini are coming to an end, but we're still getting two or three most days, as well as a couple of cucumbers. The long green ones are almost finished, but the apple cucumbers are still producing steadily. Soon it is the pumpkins that will be ripe - can I really use 10 or more pumpkins?
Zucchini are another matter entirely. They really are the most versatile of vegetables. Today I cooked Zucchini Slice for lunch - that's it above, served with salad made of our own tomatoes, basil and cucumber and sprinkled with olive oil and balsamic, and beetroot relish ; and a huge pot of Cream of Zucchini Soup for use over Easter. You'll find that below.
I thought I might put together a list of the meals we've eaten with our crop of courgettes (Zucchini was getting boring) in case you find yourself with a glut like we have had. A most lovely happenstance, if I do say so myself. So. Here goes. You'l find it after the soup!
- Zucchini Slice
- Cream of Zucchini Soup
- Zucchini and Garlic Pasta
- Zucchini Frittata with Parmesan
- Zucchini and Bacon Muffins
- Chicken and Zucchini Thai Curry
- Zucchini Quinoa with Raisins and Pinenuts
- Grilled Zucchini pizza
- Chicken and Zucchini Teriyaki with brown rice (that's what we're having tonight.)
- Courgette Carbonara
- Courgette Cake (some alliteration happening here.)
- Fettuccine with Zucchini and Tomato Sauce and too much Parmesan and Basil
If there is no recipe linked then I didn't use one. I'm bad like that. Sorry.