Those of you that follow A Peaceful Day on Facebook will be aware that Jemimah and her Daddy are in Falls Creek on their annual skiing trip. Yes, I know, we just arrived home from the US on Thursday, and they left on Sunday - Jemimah is a very blessed little girl. On the other hand, being free to travel is one of the main reasons we decided on homeschooling.
While they're away, I am spending a whole week home alone in Melbourne. The snow is cold. Some of you tell me that you wouldn't like that, that you'd be bored, but for me it is absolute bliss. Here are some of the things I can do when there is just me to please:
- Go to bed early with a good book and get up when I please (particularly useful when suffering from jet lag). I'm reading The Surgeon of Crowthorne.
- Read frivolous magazines. I bought a delicious bundle: Australian Inside Out, Mollie Makes, Simple Things, and UK Country Living.
- Eat Fromager d'Affinois (icecream cheese) and quince paste for dinner and lick the plate.
- Play Beethoven's 6th over and over again. (You can listen with me if you want.) So inspiring.
- Snuggle under a mohair rug on the sofa and hog all the cushions. Turn the heater up high.
- Visit as many secondhand bookshops as I can fit in every day and spend hours in each one.
- Eat peanut butter straight from the jar. Kraft crunchy.
- Play on my iPad for as long as I want, and then some more.
- Wear my velour tracksuit outside the house. Shhhhhh.
- Plan my day around the best place to buy a cappuccino (as well as where the next bookshop might be situated).
- Leave the dirty dishes on the sink all day.
- Eat Baci chocolates. Plural.