29 Oct 2008

An Indian Banquet

Part one
Part two

To complete our celebration of Kitchen Garden Week, Jemimah hosted a banquet.

This is the menu she prepared:

Predinner
Salted Cashews

Main Course
Indian Vegetable Curry from Goa

Served with:
Steamed Basmati Rice
Celery and Walnut Raita
Red Lentil Dahl
Green Coconut Chutney
Mango Chutney

After Dinner
Jemimah’s Dance Concert Chocolates
Tea or Coffee

A proud Jemimah with Daddy - you can see the green menu she designed for the occasion.

The chef cooking up a storm in the kitchen.

We had a great night. The recipes were all adapted from Stephanie Alexander's book, and were delicious!

From our kitchen garden:

Silverbeet
Broccoli
Mint
Coriander

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jeanne! I have a couple of q's to ask you about MEP, if I could?
    Would you mind emailing me at
    lynnseddon@yahoo.co.uk
    I could ask by return email!
    hope that is ok
    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...