14 Aug 2009

A few of my favourite things

Richele asked me my favourite colour.

If you ask Jemimah, she'll say it's red. She's right - I do like red; but it's not my favourite. My favourite is the colour that a muddy puddle goes when algae start to grow in it. It's sort of a muddy greeny brownish colour.

Now, with the help of the Fellisimo palate, it actually has a name: Guiseppe. My favourite colour is Guiseppe with a good dollop of mud added to make it less clear and more complex. It's sort of the colour of walls in the tea ceremony room of the wonderful Tempura Endo Yasaka Restaurant in the photo above. Sort of. My favourite has more green than that.

Can you see why I tell Jemimah that it is red? Can you imagine me telling my seven year old:
My favourite colour is Guiseppe, dear. Sort of.
I don't think so!!!

So I say it's red. Easy.

Which makes my wonder what your favourite colour is - now that you have a name to describe it. Do let me know.

Here are some more of my favourites:

Favourite colour: Red - the colour of the sole of a Christian Louboutin heel.
Favourite thing to touch: The nape of Jemimah's neck.
Favourite smell: Japanese incense, jinko koboku.
Favourite sound: Waves on the beach.
Favourite taste: Fresh raspberries with vanilla icecream or Godiva Truffe Grand Marnier. I can't decide.
Favourite animal: Audrey my toy poodle.
Favourite book as a child: The Sailor Dog by Margaret Wise Brown
Fvourite book as an adult: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Favourite place: My sitting room at home.
Favourite country: Japan
Favourite city: Melbourne.
Favourite flower: Lily of the Valley
Favourite Material Possession: A pendant designed for me by Jemimah and her Daddy and made using a piece of jade from hubby's grandmother.

Do let me know a few of your favourite things.

Please.

I would like to know. Truly.
See what you've started, Richele?

10 comments:

  1. A more fitting name for your muddily-elegant colour may be Pino, which is a form of Giuseppe (and looks like the colour of our dining room, though hard to tell with screen calibrations).

    I so enjoyed your list, Jeanne, and posted my own condensed version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catamaran is my favorite!
    (I got distracted between choosing my color and coming back to comment, so I can only hope I am spelling that right!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens......"

    Hi Jeanne,
    I'm a blue person. Midnight blue is a favourite but not one I use or wear much!
    I have plenty of favourite people but not many things. My dusty pink coffee mug maybe! It is a great shape and just the right size!
    My favourite place is my childhood home.
    Ha! Maybe I'll do a favourite thing post myself one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mauve, lavender, purple...this is my favourite colour but they all have slightly different shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always enjoy your blog...although I don't always comment.
    I have made the switch to MEP and linked to you in my sidebar. I believe you've got the best info on MEP that is out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne
    I've been reading your blog for awhile-and enjoying it to!
    I decided to blog about my favourite things too. I added a few things though!

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/nzhsmarmee/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Crissy, nice to meet you!! I look forward to getting to know you through the pages of your blog...don't you allow comments?

    Don't be a stranger here - do add your two-bob's worth to the conversation - we'd love to have you!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Keri,

    Thanks for linking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanne, Leaving a message for Crissy too. Can we comment on your blog? It was nice to read a few of your favourite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a lovely refreshing time by yourself Jeanne :)
    been quite busy this past week and haven't had time to visit your site much.
    I loved reading your favourite things, will have to post mine on my blog as I don't want to clutter up your comments area:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...